Childcare Resource & Referrals
What is Childcare Resource & Referral?
We link families and communities to nurturing, safe environments for all children. We provide:
- Management of the Best Beginnings Scholarship Program, helping families access and afford quality childcare.
- New: Free child care referrals statewide—1-855-406-2273 or www.familyconnectionsmt.org
- Continuing education for Early Education and Care providers
- Information and assistance to new childcare businesses.
- Resources and consumer education available to the communities regarding child growth and development, school readiness, child health and well-being, positive parenting, and other emerging issues.
to view the Child Care Referral Resources Newsletter
Do you Qualify?
Best Beginnings Scholarship-Families who qualify for the Best Beginnings Scholarship program are working families whose income falls within the Sliding Fee Scale
and receive assistance through the TANF Program
(Temporary Assistance for Needy Families). Click here
for more information on the qualifications for the Best Beginnings Scholarship Program.
Infant/Toddler Mini Grant
Child care mini grants are for providers who need funds to:
How to apply?
- Replace or acquire equipment;
- Purchase developmentally appropriate toys and/or supplies;
- Meet regulatory requirements, e.g. install sink next to diaper changing area; or
- Hire substitute care, to enable the provider/or staff to attend training, conferences, etc.
You can download a Best Beginnings Scholarship Application
or a Mini Grant Application
here. You will need to submit these applications along with supporting documentation, to District 6 HRDC. If you have any questions or would like to know more information, please contact us
at 1-800-766-3018 or 406-535-7488.